Hi,

> In non-dco use, the stats as persisted by the management interface are not
> reset throughout the lifetime of the process. With dco, what the driver
> provides is "Peer Stats" which is reset in OvpnPeerNew()  (linux appears to
> do the same). A quick option > would be to move the zero-ing to
> OvpnEvtFileCleanup() which, I guess, would work at least when persist-tun is
> in use.

Yeah, without persist-tun client closes the handle, which triggers
OvpnEvtFileCleanup(), which would reset stats.

> Or in a new callback that gets called on tun-open. But then it wont be
> strictly "Peer Stats".

Yeah that might be an option, to have RESET_STATS ioctl.

Also I wonder if the driver could remember, say, the last pid, and
then reset stats on NEW_PEER if pid != last pid. Since pids are
recycled, we might "leak" stats in unfortunate cases, but that's okay
I guess?

--
-Lev