Title: RE: Freelist Contention - PQ slaves

I thought that parallel query slaves were smart enough to divide up the work between them so there was no overlap?  What am I missing?  Can you elaborate?

    -----Original Message-----
    From:   Johnson Poovathummoottil [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
    Sent:   Tuesday, August 21, 2001 11:21
    To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
    Subject:        RE: Freelist Contention

    Bufer busy waits can also be caused by parallel query
    servers trying to read the same buffer block at the
    same time. So does it always indicate a freelist
    problem?
    .

    http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    Author: Johnson Poovathummoottil
      INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
    San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists