Title: Partition and primary key

Hi List,
We are using Oracle 8.1.7 (64 bits) with Solaris 8

I have a big table with over 300 millions rows (10 Go),
We have partinionned this table by range of date.
When we try to create a constraint primary key (with dedicated tablespace), we fail each time because the database was unable to extend temp segment.

1/ Instead of enlarging the temp tablespace undefinatly , is it possible to create this constraint for each partition so that it would reduce the amount of temp segment required ?

2/ If not, creating an unique will also be efficient for join  ?

Thanks in advance!
Philippe