[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 2:30 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Dennis,

Using VSize on a Long results in:
  ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype

Just tried in on Trigger_Body in DBA_Triggers.  (8.1.7.0.0 on HP-UX).

Jack C. Applewhite
Database Administrator
Austin Independent School District
Austin, Texas
512.414.9715 (wk)
512.935.5929 (pager)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      DENNIS WILLIAMS

                      <DWILLIAMS@LIFETO        To:       Multiple recipients
of list ORACLE-L
                      UCH.COM>                  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Subject:  RE: Size of a Long
Field

                      02/05/2003 01:29

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      ORACLE-L

Ed - Look up the function VSIZE in the documentation.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 8:53 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

How do you determine the size, in bytes, of a long field?

Please. No tape measure jokes.

Ed

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS