Title: RE: windows application to show sql being executed by a client

If anything it will be incorporated into an existing Quest Product.

-----Original Message-----
From: Deshpande, Kirti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

Pretty cool...
A future Quest product ??? ;)
.... Just wondering...  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacques Kilchoer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

Hello list members.
A colleague of mine has written a small Windows client utility that allows you to view the SQL statements being issued by another client application. The utility has to be running on the same machine as the other client application.

I use it myself pretty often instead of turning on tracing a session.
His description says:
- Displays SQL statements that come from processes in real-time, eliminating the necessity to turn on tracing and look into poorly formatted trace file

- Allows monitoring NT services
- Displays logon attempts, both successful and unsuccessful (username, password, tns alias, success)
- Performs syntax highlighting
- Displays values of bind variables for SQL statements
- Shows even statements that fail to execute. Displays Oracle error code and message for those statements.
- Allows to copy and paste statements from the output to one of your SQL analyzing tools (TOAD, SQL Navigator, or even SQL*Plus)

- Monitors applications like Import/Export, SQLoader, Server Manager (svrmgrl.exe), as well as applications written with Oracle Forms or Pro*C

- Supports Oracle clients starting with version 7.3
- It's FREE!
He has told me that I can publicize it on the list. All he asks is some feedback / bug reports.
Here's the link:
http://www.fastalgo.com/
P.S. You should send the feedback to him and not to me.