Kirti:

I have not complely following this thread. But I am sure it is worth
mentioning even if someone already mentioned also. In ASSM there would
be two highwatermarks called low high water mark and high high water
mark.

The high high water mark is the actual high water mark (like in the
Freelist Managed Segments) and the low high water mark is the new one
which is introduced in ASSM. i.e till low HWM all blocks are completely
used and from LHWM to HWHM there could be some blocks unused. During
sequential scan it has to read till HHWM (i.e it should scan empty
block also).

But I think by scanning the L2 bitmaps the process can find the unused
blocks and skip that during sequential scanning, though I have not
tested it thoroughly.

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan
Bangalore, INDIA (Now in Austria)

--- "Deshpande, Kirti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In a very limited tests that I performed with ASSM (quite some time
> ago), I found that it tends to use a bit more space than non-ASSM.
> Something to keep in mind when FTS is used to access tables.
> Not sure if this changed in 9.2.0.2.x.
>
> - Kirti

=====
Have a nice day !!