Hi Gilles,

OK, thanks for the advice.  It took two more tryes at installing, but
this one worked.  The first one showed up with a problem-- error 17
with Grub.  I tried again and this one came up with all the right
stuff.  I'm not sure how long I will be using this, but it is a good
learning experience.  I would at least, like to get up-to-speed with
Speakup.  I like Emacspeak, but Speakup works with so many more
programs.  I need to decide between GUI distros like Ubuntu, or
command line distros like GRML.  Ubuntu means buying a new computer;
I'm just not sure it would be worth it for me.  Anyway, thanks for the
help.

Jim