[Origami] Case about a Japanese origamist and a TV station
I'm interested in writing an article about origami models and intellectual
property.

http://www.keisenassociates.com/japanese-origami-artist-loses-copyright-battle-against-television-station-2/

Do any of you know a bit more about the case?

Gerardo, neorigami.com

That is about *Transformed spinning top* of Mr.Yamada Katsuhisa.
Nippon TBS Televsion had made it's diagram(renewaled) public in website, June
27, 2010, and deleted it after 10 days by the author's complaint.

Summary of the result:

1) The Original diagram of Mr.Yamada Katsuhisa is copyrighted work.

2) The renewaled version is not infringement of 1)
 a. 1) use arrow for the folding but 2) use circle numbering for folding. (I'll
send image files to Gerardo personally)
 b. 1) use pictures for explanation but 2) does not.
 c. There is a new tip in 2)
 d. It is impossible to finish the model by 2), becuase of error step.

3) No author's moral right infringement becuase of 2)a.b.c.d.

4) About the injury of business interests from distribution without authors
agreement, is unadmitted because of 2)a.b.c.d. Also TBS had took follow-up
measures such as apology, making introduction of author's book and hyperlink to
author's website.

***Thanks to Anne LaVin. She gave some important advices to me***
jassu from Korea