> On May 24, 2017, at 22:00, Brian K. Webb <origami...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good news:
>> I just heard yesterday that the book Ajisai-ori that was out of print for a
>> few yearsnow has recently been reprinted.
>
> I see on Amazon Japan a new book published May 2017 with ISBN 9784416617274.
> The original book published in 2010 has ISBN 9784416310410. This new book
> seems to have the original books content, but cannot be sure.

I just bought 2 copies today and the authors have on the first page that it is
a re-edition of the original 2010 book with new photos and reviewed diagrams.
The books is a nicer to read than the first edition. The pictures are prettier
and I heard that the authors have folded all the models anew. There is also a
note about Fujimoto Shuzo having passed away in 2015.

The last two pages come with a list of Japan based shops that sell paper. To
me, it looks like some kind of sponsorship even though nothing like that is
mentioned in the book. I've not checked other recent books by Seibundo so I
can't tell if that's the way they work now, or if it's just for this book.

I'm pretty sure Origami USA can get them directly from the publisher with some
rebate. No need to rush to the web.

> The books have different covers, buy the same authors and publisher.
>
> If you are looking for the original book, then I think this new book would be
> a good buy. The original is for sale on Amazon Japan used for between $900
> and $1800.

Yes, it's ridiculous.

Jean-Christophe