Dear Origami l,

The Seventh International Meeting on
Origami in Science, Mathematics and Education (7OSME) is to be held in
Oxford, United Kingdom between 5th and 7th September 2018. Previous
meetings, held every four years, have been highly successful; the
community has grown exponentially and meeting proceedings have become
the definitive guide for advanced origami research.

We welcome origami artists who create artistic objects, mathematicians
who model origami or use origami to solve other mathematics problems,
scientists who explore folding or biological objects, engineers who use
origami to solve problems in virtual and real world, and educators who
use origami to inspire young generations. We are also fortunate to be
able to organise 7OSME in conjunction with the British Origami Society,
who will host their 2018 Summer Convention following 7OSME. We eagerly
anticipate your active involvement. With your participation, 7OSME will
become a truly interdisciplinary meeting of the origami community.

Please pre-register so that we shall keep you informed about the
meeting.

http://osme.info/7osme/

Mark Bolitho on behalf of the 7OSME Organising Committee

VENUE

7OSME will be held at University of Oxford. Oxford offers a beautiful
location with an amazing heritage, packed full of college buildings
dating back to the 13th century. It is also very close to London and has
frequent rail and coach services to London's major international
airports.

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

We will accept one-page abstract submissions from 1st September 2017.
Abstracts must be submitted via the 7OSME website and received by 1st
December 2017. Submissions will be reviewed and if accepted, authors
will be invited to present at the conference. 7OSME presenters will also
be invited to contribute full papers to the proceedings of the meeting,
which will be published as a book entitled "Origami7".

IMPORTANT DATES

1st Sept. 2017 - Call for papers
1st Dec. 2017 - Deadline for submissions
2nd Mar. 2018 - Early registration opens
6th Apr. 2018 - Decision on accepted presentations
8th June 2018 - Deadline for submission of full papers
6th July 2018 - Publication decision of full papers
24th Aug. 2018 - Final program
5th - 7th Sept. 2018 - OSME meeting
8th - 9th Sept 2018 - BOS Autumn convention

http://osme.info/7osme/

PRE REGISTRATION

We are in the process of building up a list of potential attendees for
the event. Having expressed interest, you have been included on this
list. If you know of anyone who you think would be interested, please
do forward this email to them and suggest they pre-register, either by
replying to this email or through direct registration on our website.

If you would like to help with the organisation of the event itself,
please contact us

SPONSORS

As of July 2017, we are grateful to the support of various
grants including support from the Daiwa Foundation, the GB Sasakawa
foundation and the Lubbock foundation. We have also received support
from the University of Oxford Engineering department and the British
Origami Society. If you know or could recommend a potential sponsor, do
let us know.

Connect with us

Website: http://osme.info/7osme/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/328365884255003/