On Tuesday, February 06, 2018 4:18 PM, "Kate Honeyman" <wrac...@gmail.com>
asked
Can any of you tell me a resource for larger paper for large sized, life
size models?, I can get up to 12 " sheets of paper at art/craft stores and
" freezer paper" up to 18 inches on a roll but that is about it.  The
freezer paper is mighty flimsy too...Thanks in advance, Kate
.
Aloha, Kate (and others),
(My apologies for taking so long to reply, it took me a while to remember this. )

Many years ago someone gave me the remains of a roll of six-feet-wide
colored paper they said was     "photographer's backdrop paper".
It had the look and feel of "construction paper", except maybe thicker and stronger.

I don't have a source for it, but a Google search for "photographers backdrop paper" gets a lot of hits (in different widths, so shop carefully). You might want to check with any professional photographers or art supply stores that you know or are near you. Maybe then you can get smaller, more affordable amounts for experimental samples.
(I think I remember whole rollos being expensive.)

I hope that helps.

When I experimented with it, I found out how difficult it is to 'scale up' from a 6 inch square to a six foot square. I had trouble just trying to lift one edge to fold to itself to get the first right angle, and then again to fold one edge to an adjacent edge to 'measure' off a square. I think I needed four people to help me move the paper, to overcome the air pressure holding the paper down. (My first try to lift the edge, tore the paper, because I wasn't expecting the resistance.) I continued to need the help of four people until we got the square folded into a bird base. I think, after that, the bird base was small enough that I could do the rest of the folding myself, slowly and carefully, and made a Robert Neale's Dragon. (It lay around my apartment over a year, I think, before it ran afoul of a cat, and had to be disposed of. -sigh-)

Aloha -- Kenneth Kawamura