Hi Bonnie,
I have no 'legal' authority, nor experience about what you're asking, but I
do think that giving origami as gifts is definitely in the spirit of
origami!  And I knew Yami personally and believe he would've approved of
such a wonderful gesture.
Would love to see pix of your Fireworks models, as well as the Senbazuru
when it's done.  You can mail them to me directly since we don't share
images here.
Happy Folding,
Mary Ellen Palmeri