I read in Creative Origami by Kunihiko Kasahara, that his model Locust was
based on the locust in Kan-no-mado. Now, if I'm not wrong, its pages only have
traditional models. But I had never heard of a traditional origami locust
before. Kasahara's model is somewhat similar to the traditional cicada instead.
Do any of you know if Mr. Kasahara is calling "locust" to the traditional model
many of us know as "cicada"? Is the cicada model often also acknowledged as a
locust? Or are they two different traditional models?

Thank you in advance!
--
Gerardo G.
gerardo(a)neorigami.com instagram.com/neorigamicomKnowledge and Curiosity in

"(...) It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it takes your breath away and
fills you with the true joy of origami. I experienced this in my lessons with
Gerardo G. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Gerardo is (...)" C. R. Read the
full review