Someone asked me the other day when we’re discussing Orion and Oracle IAS9i/OC4J whether you could use an Apache front end and the answer is well documented, on the Orion (and/or Orionserver) web site as well as in the Oracle OC4J documentation, as YES.

Then I was asked

Can I guarantee that all web traffic to the web server is ONLY going through the Apache front-end and not doing an end-around by using the Orion listener as a ”back door”?  I’m assuming he wanted to disable the Orion listener to force the Apache front end as the sole point of contact…

I’ve checked the Orion and Orionserver web sites, as well as the Oracle OC4J doc, and I can’t find how to do this …

Either I missed it (VERY probably the case) or it’s not possible…

Any advice on how to do this would be appreciated.

By the way …

I’m very pleased that Oracle has identified this outstanding product exists and managed to persuade the Ironflare developers to let Oracle acquire the right to incorporate it into IAS9i.

I missed Java One. Does anyone have a web site where this quote is listed?

I think Larry Ellison said it best, when, at Java One, he said …

"We have thrown out literally all of our old Java code.  The reason we threw away all of our old J2EE implementations is we had to build a high

performance, scaleable version of J2EE. We think that this is a huge breakthrough for the entire Java community because it addresses the single

biggest threat to Java, which is performance."

It sounds like him!!

Don aka Bubba