you hato do code somethibg like this:
import addressbook.ejb.*;
import javax.ejb.*;
import java.rmi.*;
import javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject;
import javax.naming.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.net.*;

public class AddressBookClient extends java.lang.Object {

    public AddressBookClient() {
   Context context = null;
    final String location = "java:comp/env/ejb/AddressBook";
    addressbook.ejb.AddressBook addressBook = null;

    Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
    env.put("java.naming.provider.url", "ormi://localhost/addressbook");
    env.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
        "com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory");
    env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "admin");
    env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "paolo");
try {
      context = new InitialContext (env);
      // paolo for remote ejb lookup context = new InitialContext();
   } catch (Exception e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
   }

try {

  System.out.println("before lookup");
         Object boundObject = context.lookup(location);
  System.out.println("after lookup");

         // Try to convert it to an instance of AddressBook, the home
         // interface for our bean.
  System.out.println("before cast");
         addressBook = (addressbook.ejb.AddressBook)
PortableRemoteObject.narrow(boundObject,

addressbook.ejb.AddressBook.class);
  System.out.println("after cast");

      } catch (Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
      }

    }

    public static void main(String[] args){
        new AddressBookClient();
    }
}
and you need a application-client.xml like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE application-client PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application Client 1.2//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/application-client_1_2.dtd";>
<application-client>
 <display-name>Addressbook</display-name>
 <ejb-ref>
       <ejb-ref-name>ejb/AddressBook</ejb-ref-name>
       <ejb-ref-type>Entity</ejb-ref-type>
       <home>addressbook.ejb.AddressBook</home>
       <remote>addressbook.ejb.AddressEntry</remote>
 </ejb-ref>

</application-client>

put it in a meta-inf dir under the root where you run your client
ciao
Paolo

Venkata_Nallam wrote:

> Dear paola,
>         I am thankful to you for your help. I need to call the EJB from
> remote machine  in a STANDALONE APPLICATION,  not servlets or jsp.
>
> Which class/interface files I have to copy to remove and which
> configuration xml file  we have to write at remote machine.
>
> Thanking you
>
> With regards
> Venkata
begin:vcard