Hi all,

i've encountered a weird problem regarding timezones :

My system timezone is set to Europe/Zurich, GMT+2, since we are in DST.

Running a standalone java application and querying TimeZone.getDefault()
returns the correct timezone, i.e. the one with the correct ID
"Europe/Zurich". The time is also correct.

Querying TimeZone.getDefault() within Orion yields a timezone with ID
"Custom" ! The offset is almost correct, excepted that it doesnt support
the daylight saving. (GMT+1). (TimeZone.getDefault()).useDaylightTime()
returns false, which is incorrect. Hence, the time is 1 hour late.

In short, Orion does not properly build the right timezone from the system
settings. Is there any way to address this problem ?

Regards,

Pierre

Pierre Metrailler, Software Engineer & System Administrator
S h o c k f i s h Ltd, Event Communication Systems
PSE C - Parc Scientifique, CH-1015 Lausanne EPFL
Switzerland

public key http://shockfish.com/keys/pierre.asc

"Enabling face-to-face communication."