Please forward me on to whomever solved this.  I'm using orion 1.5.4 so an
upgrade is out of the question.

I would like to talk to someone and see how they set up orion, their
application and their classpath.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Jon,
> We had a similar sounding problem with SOAP and when
> we upgraded to orion 1.5.2 the problem was fixed.  I
> wasn't the one working on the problem so I don't have
> much more info.
> Hope this helps.
>
> -Heath
>
> --- Jon Bricker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I really need some help getting a SOAP application
> > to work on orion.
> >
> > I have an application set up with a servlet front
> > that will call the SOAP
> > rpcrouter.  All in all the application is simular to
> > the one in the Java SOAP
> > book by Hernry Bequet. I put the soap.jar in my
> > WEB-INF/lib in my application.
> >
> > The problem I'm having is that the SOAP call can
> > never find my class that is in
> > my deployment discriptor. I've heard that this is a
> > classpath issue but I just
> > can not figure out what the problem is.
> >

> > here is the error:
> > Ouch, the call failed:
> >   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI
> >   Fault String = Unable to resolve target object:
> > com.lilly.javaatg.catd.servlet.DataLoaderImpl
> >

> > I have soap in one location on my machine
> >
> > Here is the deploymentDescriptor.xml
> > <isd:service
> >
> xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment";
> > id="urn:CanDEDataMgr">
> >   <isd:provider type="java" scope="Request"
> > methods="isUserValid">
> >   <isd:java
> >
> class="com.lilly.javaatg.catd.servlet.DataLoaderImpl"
> > static="false"/>
> >   </isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListener>
> > </isd:service>
> >
> > Here is the call I use to deploy it
> >
> > java org.apache.soap...
> > http://localhost:8088/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
> > deplymentDescriptor.xml
> >
> > here is my test code to call it.
> >
> > URL url = new
> >
> URL("http://localhost:8088/cande/servlet/rpcrouter";);
> >     // Build the call.
> >     Call call = new Call ();
> >     call.setTargetObjectURI ("urn:CanDEDataMgr");
> >     call.setMethodName ("isUserValid");
> >     Vector params = new Vector ();
> >     params.addElement (new Parameter("userID",
> > String.class, userID,
> > Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC));
> >     params.addElement (new Parameter("password",
> > String.class, password,
> > Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC));
> >     call.setParams (params);
> >
> > Here is my web.xml mappings
> > <servlet>
> >     <servlet-name>candeLoad</servlet-name>
> >     <display-name>CATD CanDE Patient Data load
> > Servlet</display-name>
> >     <description>no description</description>

<servlet-class>com.lilly.javaatg.catd.servlet.CanDEDataLoad.CanDELoadServlet</servlet-class>

=====