>The expression:
>
>       new Perl5Util().match("/[[:alpha:]]/", "a")
>
>returns false with ORO 2.0.3, whereas:
>
>       new Perl5Util().match("/[[:alnum:]]/", "a")
>
>returns true. I hope this isn't another newbie mistake...

No. You found a bug.  Perl5Matcher doesn't have any code in there for
handling OpCode._ALPHA.  I don't know if this was an oversight by
Takashi when he submitted the POSIX character class patch, or if it
was an oversight on my part when I changed some things around in it.
Doesn't matter, I just fixed it if you want to check out the latest
version of the source from CVS.

daniel