Hello Daniel,

Monday, June 09, 2003, 5:41:58 PM, you wrote:

DFS> Oh, yes, that's the attitude we want to promote.  Go use something
DFS> else instead of participating and submitting a simple patch.  :) :) :)

Not that simple, IMHO.

DFS> Sarcasm aside, there's been no demand for the feature, but it's a simple
DFS> addition.  I'm just trying to promote an environment where people scratch
DFS> their own itches, but, unlike Commons Net, it's not working.  So it goes.

I think, the reason is java.util.regex. It's "standard". Anything else
is "non-standard". So, anyone (but the core developers) would think
twice before investing time into it. Good or bad, it's the reality.

--
Best regards,
 Serge                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]