De: "Chuck Ritter" <cfr...@psu.edu>
À: oscar-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Envoyé: Samedi 7 Juillet 2012 20:15:43
Objet: Re: [Oscar-users] Is Oscar DEAD???????

OSCAR may not have died, but it is not thriving.

The popularity (and usefulness) of OSCAR has dwindled since the
emphasis of development has changed from adding HPC functionality
(schedulers, monitors, reports, etc) to adding multi-distribution
support. With this change the lag has grown in the support for new
releases. Worse yet... this will continue because of the nature of the
required testing (write once, test everywhere). To top it off, during
this process the "primary" distribution has changed from RPM based
systems to debian.

What would make OSCAR thrive is new support for additional HPC functionality:

Hardware detection
GPU support
NUMA scheduler configuration support
Single System Image (or better dynamic SSIs)
Infiniband configuration support
Clustered filesystem support
more authentication methods
Ganglia reporting of Infiniband, GPU, etc
Default node types (login nodes, filesystem nodes, GPU nodes)
etc.

Just my two cents.