Costel,

> What I would like to achieve is to have a single oscarimage and a single BOEL
> kernel and initrd.img files that contains all the modules needed by my 3
> types of hardware.
> Do you believe this would be possible?
Well, this should be possible. That's why we use OSCAR. OSCAR is supposed to be
able to host heterogenous cluster.

> Do you have experience in replacing the NIC (bnx2.ko) module with an updated
> one?
I have setup an OSCAR cluster with bnx2x network driver and its firmware on
ubuntu box

> Can I force the creation of kernel and initrd.img files to include (really)
> all the available drivers into my oscarimage?
It is not really recommended but I think it is OK to update oscarimage directly
as long as you know exactly what you are doing.

BTW, I would like to clarify your problem.

Can your second machine (e.g., 2nd M) do pxeboot properly?
   - Can 2nd M load up the bnx2 module and get the network connection?
   - Did it get the oscarimge through rsync or whatever you choose?

How did you get the bnx2 module and its firmware?

Have you tried to load up bnx2 module on your head node and does it work?

Regards,

--
- DongInn