Taking Open Source Into The Cloud: MSC Malaysia Open Source Conference MOSC2010

http://conf.oss.my/component/content/article/1-latest-news/84-taking-open-source-into-the-cloud-msc-malaysia-open-source-conference.html

MIS-Asia writes

KUALA LUMPUR, 17 JUNE 2010 -- According to the co-organisers—Malaysian
government agencies MDeC and MAMPU—the country's second Malaysia Open
Source Conference (MOSC) 2010 will focus on taking open source into
the cloud.

Government ICT agency Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) vice
president, industry development division, Saifol Shamlan, said:
“Malaysia is a keen supporter of the development and adoption of open
source software and we stand out among emerging economies because of
both our well-organised open source community and government support
across all levels of the open source movement."

“MOSC 2010 is now one of the highlights of Malaysia’s open source
calendar and MDeC is proud to be a co-organiser of this conference as
part of a broad range of projects and initiatives we conduct to
support the development of the open source movement in Malaysia,”
Saifol said, adding that this year's conference is expected to draw
about 600 open source practitioners from around the world.

"The three-day conference is themed 'Making the Change' and is also
organised by the Open Source Developers Club Malaysia (OSDC.my),
together with the Malaysian Administrative Modernisation and
Management Planning Unit (MAMPU)," he said.

The Malaysian Open Source Developer's Club or in short known as
OSDC.my is a community-based club open for all open source developers
and users across Malaysia, to share their thought, knowledge and
experience.

Open source cloud and mobile computing

"Open source technologies from Microsoft, Novell, Redhat and 20 MSC
[Multimedia Supercorridor] Malaysia Status companies would be featured
at the conference, as well as 22 talks, 34 tutorial sessions and 16
demonstration booths," said Saifol.

He said there would be presentations on open source cloud and mobile
computing, gaming, animation and security from Redhat, Novell,
Microsoft and others, and host contests with more than US$6,100
(RM20,000) in cash prizes to be won.

"Speakers at the MOSC 2010 will be discussing the latest open source
trends in several key areas particularly cloud computing, mobile
computing, gaming, animation, databases and security," said Saifol.
"For more details about MOSC 2010, please visit http://conf.oss.my.";

Origital story

http://mis-asia.com/news/articles/taking-open-source-into-the-cloud-msc-malaysia-open-source-conference

MSC Malaysia Open Source Conference 2010 (MSC MOSC2010)

http://conf.oss.my/

Do you have Facebook and Twitter account that can be share with us?

Twitter : http://twitter.com/mosc2010

Identi.ca : http://identi.ca/mosc2010

Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/MSCMalaysiaOpenSourceConference2010

believed to be clean.

*  To visit MAMPU Opensource on the web, go to:
    http://opensource.mampu.gov.my

*  To visit OSCC Knowledge Bank on the web, go to:
    http://www.oscc.org.my

*  To unsubscribe from this group, please go here: