Salam n good day all

I don't think anyone here is "excited" that C is currently the most used
language. Its just a point that in this day n age non-oo languages like C is
still doing strong. Yet a lot of colleges no longer stress C as a fundamental
language to learn. Why is that?

That was the point I wanted to share when posting the data. I have met people
in the industry who believe C is a dead language n java is the way to go. Also
on this lists there were discussions on how PHP is a poor language. And yet it
is still strong. Time n time again it is shown that technical superiority has
never been a good measure of how things will be accepted.

Even VB is there n that language is the being mocked front, left and center by
people who feel their programming language is more superior since they code in
anything but VB.

Data is there to be interperted n learned from. Maybe from the last 5 years
pattern we can see what should b taught in schools to better prepare our
replacements.

Selamat

PS: Raja I've been bit busy with closing of projects coming. Insyaallah I will
see you soon during oscon.

Aj