I am aware of your association in Phase One.

OSCC wanted to do so much but at each turn we were blocked by
political interests and general apathy. MAMPU as we are know is a
schizophrenic animal, each jabatan seem to have its own mind and the
KP really don't care, so as long as dapat naik pangkat.

The statistics are available, but since I was involved with the
training portion only, I do not have it. Raja and Red1 were the two
chaps who helped us do up the BRR - Benefit Realisation Report; maybe
they have a copy of it.

The Govt is a control freak. Anything they do is hak kerajaan. We have
suggested to involve the community in building some of the stuff, but
then the ones in power only want the name and tried to use the
community as kuli percuma - case in point MyGOSSCON.

When we suggested to reach out to the Private Sector, the official
answer is always "We only do Public Sector". WTF!? It shows those in
power don't know the first thing about FOSS. Even they argue that FOSS
is a "haram" word; we could only use OSS. Jeez!

Much that I say, I am sure you have seen and gone through them; since
you were in Phase One. I am not saying that OSCC was a great success,
but to say it was an epic failure can be affront to us who put in
thousands of man hours to try to make it work.

I can understand that outside of the Public Sector, there was hardly a
noticeable ripple. It was sad - I really believed we were doing
something positive for FOSS in Malaysia. Alas like so many alumni of
Pahse Two will attest, we all ended up being tukang buat slide for
clueless politicians.

Eric