Session 12 : The FreeBSD - Prime

A session at Malaysia Open Source Conference 2017 (MOSCMY 2017)

http://lanyrd.com/2017/moscmy/sfqmcq/

Friday 19th May, 2017 11:30am to 12:30pm (SMT)
Session 12 : The FreeBSD - Prime

As a developer, Sysadmin and sometimes a day to day user we come up
with the words Linux and Unix. Unfortunately, although we will find a
handful of Open Source Linux OS it is hard to find a true UNIX
derivative in the Open Source arena. Till today the only fully open
source UNIX derivative remaining is the *BSD or Berkley System
Development.

It highly differs in structure, stability and philosophy compared to
another Linux OS. This presentation briefly tries to explain about the
history of BSD systems, structure, features and usage in our day to
day life. Additionally, although starting with generic BSD family we
will more likely be emphasizing on The FreeBSD Project.

Speakers :

Martin Wilke
Muhammd Moinur Rahman

Malaysia Open Source Conference MOSCMY 2017 http://www.mosc.my