When using factory components, you get a ComponentInstance and you should
dispose once done. For services with prototype scope, you get
ComponentServiceObjects from which you need to ungetService after use.

I have some cases where I am creating some UI Widgets and where I don't
have a well defined lifecycle that my class controls. It is expected to
hand over a widget and the widget will be "disposed" when necessary. The
widget can add actions when it is "disposed" or a listener can be added to
watch for such events with the UI framework.

What is the best way to handle those and is either factory component or CSO
better that the other, in this case and others? I was thinking that I might
implement a factory for managed widgets that keeps a map of provided
widgets and registers for events of disposed widgets and cleans up at that
time, but feels like an added moving part.

Alain