Hi Martin,

see comments inline.

Regards,

Mark

Am 02.01.20 um 19:19 schrieb Martin Petzold via osgi-dev:

Thanks, Raymond! Does this also relate to "org.osgi:osgi.cmpn"? Should I remove this dependency too? Should I add "org.eclipse.osgi.services" or the individual "org.osgi.service.*" to my (parent) POM? Are the individual "org.osgi.service.*" also required at runtime (on classpath or installed to osgi?). Will "org.eclipse.osgi" start without "org.eclipse.osgi.services" on the classpath or installation as bundle?

You have to distinguish between the packages you want to resolve and the artifacts/bundles that contain the the packages/implementations.

In your case org.eclipse.osgi.services is the bundle that exports the packages org.osgi.service.* packages.

Because Maven just resolves artifacts, you need to provide the bundle org.eclipse.osgi.services as dependency.

Yes, org.eclipse.osgi will start without org.eclipse.osgi.services

I have now added "org.eclipse.osgi.services". However, it now cannot requires "org.osgi.util.promise". What should I add to my POM in order to resolve the core Eclipse OSGi implementation (only OSGi core implementation)?

You should find the promises and functions in the bundle org.eclipse.osgi.util

btw I have removed the runtime scope for "org.eclipse.osgi".