http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/obama-admin-official-urges-ca
ble-companies-to-carry-al-jazeera/

Obama admin official urges cable companies to carry
<http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/obama-admin-official-urges-c
able-companies-to-carry-al-jazeera/>  Al-Jazeera

Posted on March 4, 2011 by creeping

Stealth.

AL Jazeera  <http://www.jidaily.com/qatar> is filled with anti-American
propaganda. It is also awash in anti-Semitism. The material broadcast stokes
terror and violence.

Why would the person who Barack Obama appointed to be the Assistant
Secretary <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliette_N._Kayyem>  at the
Department of Homeland Security, Juliette Kayyem, advocate American cable
companies carry the channel-a channel that cannot help but inflame tensions
and anger and one that is not known for unbiased accuracy.

>From an op-ed by Kayyem in the Boston Globe:
<http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2011/02/1
4/let_us_see_al_jazeera/>

FOR THE past few weeks, a parallel plot line to the revolutions in the Arab
world has been playing out in the media. With rare exceptions, the largest
American cable and satellite providers simply do not provide viewers access
to Al Jazeera English, the cousin to the powerful Qatar-based world news
network. AJE has launched a full-fledged campaign - including advertisements
quoting, of all people, major US news figures - to convince cable carriers
to open their programming. But most have declined: Burlington, Vt., is the
closest city to Boston where viewers can see the network on television.

AJE's battle with the cable carriers is major news in the Middle East. Not
carrying the network sends a message to the Arab world about America's
willingness to accept information, unfiltered, from the very region we spend
so much time talking about. These television wars began not in Tunisia or
Egypt, but in Iraq.

We have enough terror apologists in the media already without an entire
station devoted to obscuring the truth being beamed into America's homes.

Some of her bio from Harvard Law Bulletin
<http://www.law.harvard.edu/news/bulletin/2007/summer/cn_02.php> :

She was a litigator at the U.S. Justice Department when he was assistant
attorney general for civil rights during the Clinton administration. But
what came to define her time there was her passionate fight against the use
of secret evidence to detain about a dozen people-most of whom were Arab
men. Kayyem came to believe that within the FBI and the Immigration and
Naturalization Service, there was a bias against Arabs and Muslims which the
Justice Department had a responsibility to address. She eventually became an
adviser to Attorney General Janet Reno '63, and in that role she pushed Reno
to re-examine the detention policies. She was also the only Arab-American
member of the National Commission on Terrorism, formed after the bombings of
the U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania (her appointment caused some dismay
among Muslim-American leaders, who pointed out that Kayyem is Christian, not
Muslim).

Her and her husband are well connected:

She is married to David Barron
<http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/David_Barron> , a former Harvard lawyer
who is acting assistant attorney general for the Justice Department
<http://www.whorunsgov.com/institutions/Justice> 's Office of Legal Counsel
<http://www.whorunsgov.com/institutions/Justice/AG/DAG/AAG/OLC> .

Kayyem and Clinton are on the same page, as Clinton pimps Al Jazeera
<http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/hillary-clinton-america-is-losing-an-inf
ormation-war-to-al-jazeera/>  while pointing out her and Obama's own
failures.

Clinton further told the committee:

"Al Jazeera is winning. The Chinese have opened up a global English language
and multi-language television network, the Russians have opened up an
English language network. I've seen it in a couple of countries and it's
quite instructive."

Even though Clinton didn't name names, she was placing the blame  for
"ceding what we are most expert in to somebody else" on every administration
since Reagan, including that of her own husband.

If Clinton wants the U.S. to really get back in the game, then she and
others in the Obama administration need to muster up the courage to send
real information, real (dare I say) propaganda overseas to counter
misinformation from Al Jazeera, China amd Russia etc.  We can't rely on
fluff programming to do the job for us.

Not to mention doing something about the propaganda running rampant on U.S.
sites like al Youtube.

Links to previous posts on al Jiz terror tv here
<http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2010/12/09/al-jazeera-now-on-houston-ai
rwaves/> .

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.