<http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/good-news-america-we-are-not-
at-war-we-are-involved-in-a-kinetic-military-action/> Good News
America....We are not at War...we are involved in a "kinetic military
action"

 <http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/author/scottystarnes/> Scotty Starnes |
March 24, 2011 at 4:04 PM | Tags:
<http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?tag=appeasement> appeasement,
<http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?tag=defense-secretary-robert-gates>
Defense Secretary Robert Gates,
<http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?tag=gadhafi> Gadhafi,
<http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?tag=kinetic-military-action> kinetic
military action,  <http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?tag=libya> Libya,
<http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?tag=moammar-gadhafi> Moammar Gadhafi,
<http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?tag=muslims> Muslims,
<http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?tag=national-security-adviser-ben-rhode
s> national security adviser Ben Rhodes,
<http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?tag=president-obama> President Obama,
<http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?tag=tom-donilon> Tom Donilon |
Categories:  <http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/?cat=35145> Political
Issues | URL:  <http://wp.me/pvnFC-4Qv> http://wp.me/pvnFC-4Qv

You can change the terminology all you want but if you are dropping bombs on
a opponent and the opponent is firing back...you're at war.

This administration is infamous for changing terminology. This is the same
administration who stopped using the phrase "
<http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28959574/ns/politics-white_house/> war on
terror" and changed it to
<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123879985817588375.html> 'overseas
contingency operations.'  They also stopped using the term "Islamic
terrorist/terrorism" and started calling this "
<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/03/19/obama-speak-homeland-sec
urity-secretary-replaces-terrorism-term-man-caus> man-caused disasters" to
appease the Muslim community. How has that worked?

So now to hide the truth, the Obama regime is refusing to call a war a war.
Instead they are trying to label it a "kinetic military action." Give me a
fucking break. All this political correctness to appease Muslims, who by the
way hate the U.S., is dangerous. Call it what it is...a war.

Byron York reports, via
<http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/03/white-hous
e-libya-fight-not-war-its-kinetic-military-action#ixzz1HWtuNbNm> The
Washington Examiner:

In the last few days, Obama administration officials have frequently faced
the question: Is the fighting in Libya a war?  From military officers to
White House spokesmen up to the president himself, the answer is no.  But
that leaves the question: What is it?

In a
<http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/03/23/press-briefing-press-
secretary-jay-carney-senior-director-western-hemisp> briefing on board Air
Force One Wednesday, deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes took a
crack at an answer.  "I think what we are doing is enforcing a resolution
that has a very clear set of goals, which is protecting the Libyan people,
averting a humanitarian crisis, and setting up a no-fly zone," Rhodes said.
"Obviously that involves kinetic military action, particularly on the front
end."

Rhodes' words echoed a description by national security adviser Tom Donilon
in a briefing with reporters two weeks ago as the administration
contemplated action in Libya.  "Military steps -- and they can be kinetic
and non-kinetic, obviously the full range -- are not the only method by
which we and the international community are pressuring Gadhafi," Donilon
said.

Rhodes and Donilon are by no means alone.  "Kinetic" is heard in a lot of
descriptions of what's going on in Libya. "As we are successful in
suppressing the [Libyan] air defenses, the level of kinetic activity should
decline," Defense Secretary Robert Gates said in a meeting with reporters in
Moscow Tuesday.  In a briefing with reporters the same day from on board the
USS Mount Whitney, Admiral Samuel Locklear, commander of Joint Task Force
Odyssey Dawn, said, "The coalition brings together a wide array of
capabilities that allow us to minimize the collateral damage when we have to
take kinetic operations."  On Monday, General Carter Ham, head of U.S.
Africa Command, said of the coalition forces, "We possess certainly a very
significant kinetic capability."  And unnamed sources use it too, the
president envisions it as lasting days, not weeks," an unnamed senior
official told CNN Saturday.

"Kinetic" is a word that's been used around the Pentagon for many years to
distinguish between actions like dropping bombs, launching cruise missiles
or shooting people and newer forms of non-violent fighting like
cyber-warfare.  At times, it also appears to mean just taking action. In a
2002 article in Slate <http://www.slate.com/id/2074367/> , Timothy Noah
noted a passage from Bob Woodward's book, Bush at War:

For many days the war cabinet had been dancing around the basic question:
how long could they wait after September 11 before the U.S. started going
"kinetic," as they often termed it, against al Qaeda in a visible way?

Now, White House officials are referring to the war in Libya not as a war
but as a "kinetic military action." As common as "kinetic" might be among
those in government, it still seems likely to strike members of the public
as a euphemism that allows the Obama administration to describe a war as
something other than a war.

Read more at the Washington Examiner:
<http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/03/white-hous
e-libya-fight-not-war-its-kinetic-military-action#ixzz1HYRlTV00>
http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/03/white-house
-libya-fight-not-war-its-kinetic-military-action#ixzz1HYRlTV00

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.