Doesn't matter. Muslims lie.  Always.

http://newsone.com/nation/astodghill/islamophobe-cain-says-muslim-appointees
-must-take-special-oath/

Cain Says Muslim Appointees Must Take Special Oath

Written by Alexis Garrett Stodghill <http://newsone.com/author/astodghill/>
on June 10, 2011 12:51 pm Click for More
<http://newsone.com/nation/ggaynor/james-konat-racist-prosecutor/>  Next
Post
<http://newsone.com/nation/cdixon/the-downward-spiral-of-the-black-housing-c
risis/>

 <http://newsone.com/files/2011/06/herman-cain2.jpg> Herman Cain: A Muslim
Oath?In a recent appearance on the "Glenn Beck" show, GOP presidential
candidate Herman Cain stated that Muslims seeking positions in his
administration would have to take an additional oath to gain his trust.
Citing his belief that the Muslim faith is more dangerous than other
religions, Cain expounded that followers of Islam would need to prove they
put the Constitution above the Koran to get job from him. The verbose former
CEO would not make others meet a similar burden of proof. Left-leaning blog
Think Progress has posted
<http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/08/240415/herman-cain-require-mus
lim-appointees-loyalty-oath/>  the transcript of Cain airing his views:

RELATED: Alaska To Release Sarah Palin
<http://newsone.com/nation/associatedpress4/sarah-palin-emails-released-alas
ka-governor/> 's Emails

BECK: You said you would not appoint a Muslim to anybody in your
administration.

CAIN: The exact language was when I was asked, "would you be comfortable
with a Muslim in your cabinet?" And I said, "no, I would not be
comfortable." I didn't say I wouldn't appoint one because if they can prove
to me that they're putting the Constitution of the United States first then
they would be a candidate just like everybody else. My entire career, I've
hired good people, great people, regardless of their religious orientation.

BECK: So wait a minute. Are you saying that Muslims have to prove their,
that there has to be some loyalty proof?

CAIN: Yes, to the Constitution of the United States of America.

BECK: Would you do that to a Catholic or would you do that to a Mormon?

CAIN: Nope, I wouldn't. Because there is a greater dangerous part of the
Muslim faith than there is in these other religions. I know that there are
some Muslims who talk about, "but we are a peaceful religion." And I'm sure
that there are some peace-loving Muslims.

WATCH:

Think Progress compares Cain's regressive statements to the argument made in
the '60s against JFK's candidacy - people were still intolerant of Catholics
and believed he might maintain an allegiance to the Pope over the United
States!

Today, I am reminded of Obama's conundrum. Just as Cain has his litmus test
for Muslims, America is constantly judging Obama as a black man in office
for where his real loyalty lies. His "additional" identity has made the
president weary of directly helping the black community because of this
scrutiny. President Obama must pass this unspoken "test" of  allegiance to
all Americans, not just blacks. The result? Blacks feel more ignored under
Obama than ever.

As a fellow African-American male who has made it in corporate America, it
is appalling that Herman Cain cannot see the parallels between his story and
the kind of testing he would apply to Muslims if he were president. Because
being black often makes people in the majority see you as foreign, Cain must
have constantly battled against the walls of incorrect perception on his way
to the top. It must have been frustrating to be forced to prove himself
again and again because of his race. Ironically, this is something Cain
shares with Obama.

Yet, instead of using these experiences to develop sympathy, Cain is fueling
bigotry and going on the attack. A person who creates divisiveness when
there is true commonality is not leadership material. The melting pot of
America needs a unifying voice if we are to succeed in the coming years. The
more he talks, the more Herman Cain reveals his penchant for rancor.

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.