What is the average computational load (CPU and memory) needed for the 10K
requests/minute?

Cheers,
Peter

From: Daniel Patterson via OSRM-talk <osrm-talk@openstreetmap.org>
Date: Friday, 24 January 2020 at 20.53
Cc: Daniel Patterson <dan...@mapbox.com>
Subject: [OSRM-talk] OSRM Demoserver - call for hosting volunteers

Hi all,

On Mar 09, 2020, the TLS certificate for
router.project-osrm.org<http://router.project-osrm.org> is going to expire.  At
the same time, Mapbox is going to shutdown our hosting of that service.  As
many of you have probably noticed, our investment in the OSRM codebase has
greatly decreased over the last year.

This is a call to the community to see if someone else is willing to take up
the mantle for running the demo server.  If nobody steps up, then the service
will stop working on Mar 09, 2020.

The demoserver currently hovers at around 10k requests/minute with peaks up to
about 50k.

I've also posted a ticket about this at
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/5655

daniel