Hi Alex

There is probably no easy approach for this in OSRM, because the whole speedup-through-precomputation pipeline is at the opposite of dynamic adjustments.

Removing the regions on the fly *per request* does not seem realistic because you'd have to go through the data treatment pipeline again. On the other hand, if the excluded regions are not decided per request but based on the overall situation throughout the day, then you might want to try the MLD pipeline that allow for fast updates to the graph.

Another option may be worth a try if the area is small enough **and** the excluded regions can be grouped into a small subset of classes. Then the `exclude` parameter[1] would be a way to turn off some region classes at query-time. Note that having multiple exclude classes will highly impact memory requirements.

HTH
Julien

[1] https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/master/docs/http.md#general-options