Hi Thorne and Dan,

I just released a snapshot (alfa stage) with some rules/decoders for
mysql error and
generic query logs:

http://www.ossec.net/files/snapshots/ossec-hids-070828.tar.gz

You just need to add your mysql log file to the ossec config:

  <localfile>
       <log_format>mysql_log</log_format>
        <location>/var/log/mysql/sys.err</location>
   </localfile>

And it should just work (same format for the mysql query log).

Btw, this snapshot also comes with MySQL/PostgreSQL database support for
storing the alerts. If anyone is interested, just come by our irc
channel (#ossec
on freenode) and we will help you to set it up (docs not ready yet).

Thanks,

--
Daniel B. Cid
dcid ( at ) ossec.net