Hi JM,

I think you are confusing it a bit. The logformat in the "localfile"
configuration is only
used to tell ossec how to read the logs, not anything else. In fact,
the apache, squid,
syslog fields act the same in there (all one entry per line logs)...

What determines the "category" of them is the decoder. If the decoder
reads a PIX
log, it will set it to the "firewall" category or if it reads a apache
log, it will set it as
web_log (look at the decoders.xml and the type tags).

Regarding your log, our decoder is not treating it properly as a
firewall because it has
an additional hostname in there.

> Sep 28 10:21:21 10.2.103.1 Sep 28 2007 10:21:21 firewall-hostname :
> %ASA-2-106001: Inbound TCP connection denied from 216.239.51.104/80 to
> 1.2.3.4/56713 flags PSH ACK  on interface outside

We support the PIX date format, but not an additional hostname. Take a
look at the
following link:

http://www.ossec.net/wiki/index.php/PIX_and_IOS_Syslog_Config_examples#Configuring_PIX

*btw, you can keep the additional timestamp in there, but not the
extra hostname.

Hope it helps.

--
Daniel B. Cid