Hi John,

Rick explained it well, just edit your rules at local_rules.xml and
restart the server when
done. Nothing needs to be restarted at the agent side. As for writing
your own rules,
the following document can be very helpful:

http://www.ossec.net/ossec-docs/auscert-2007-dcid.pdf

Thanks,

--
Daniel B. Cid