Hi Thomas,

IF OSSEC is not able to store the alerts in the database, it is
suppose to write the error
to ossec.log and keep trying until it works (so you will not lose any
alerts). As for it just
stopping, we would need more information to try to debug it. Only
ossec-dbd stopped
or all ossec processes?

Thanks,

--