Hi Peter,

If the defunct process dies off, then it is working as expected.
Basically, the maild process forks every time
it sends an e-mail and checks after a few minutes if the child process
finished sending it. During this time,
the child process can become defunct while waiting for the parent to
finish it...

Thanks,

--
Daniel B. Cid