Hi Derek,

The <srcip> looks for the decoded source ip address in the event. If
you need to match on the
agent name (or agent ip or even log location) you need to use the
<hostname> tag.

For example:

<hostname>agent1</hostname>

or

<hostname>/var/log/messages</hostname>

Note that these only apply to events coming from remote agents. For
local log files, the hostname
is always the syslog hostname.

Thanks,

--