Hi,

I have a question about the behavior of the <frequency> parameter inside the
agent.conf file.

Right now, the OSSEC agent has the agent.conf file with
<frequency>86400</frequency> setup, or it will scan the files every 20 hours.

One observation from the OSSEC server is the timestamp of the output integrity
files found at /opt/ossec/queue/syscheck/ is not updated very 20 hours. I can
see some files are created back to 1 month ago.

Is it true if there is no file change on the OSSEC agent, will the timestamp of
the corresponding syscheck file at the OSSEC server gets updated every 20
hours? Or it will not be updated until some changes are detected?

Remarks: The output of "syscheck_control -l" shows that OSSEC agent is ACTIVE
all the time. So I think the communication between them should be ok.

Regards,
Marcos