Please excuse me if this is not the proper place, but I was reading Josh's
paper
(https://www.sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/forensics/sysmon-enrich-security-onion-039-s-host-level-capabilities-35837)

in regard to the use of Sysmon, Windows Event Collector Framework, and
OSSEC to forward logs from Windows workstations and servers to Security
Onion, but I wanted to be sure about a thing or two before I began such a
project.

>From the paper, I can see that the intention (for the Hybrid setup) is that
Sysmon will be running on all workstations (onsite/offsite), and all
workstations will be configured with Windows Event Forwarding to forward
logs to a log collector (OSSEC). From here the log collector will forward
information to Security Onion (sensor)

--The log collector should be running the OSSEC *agent, *correct?  Or is
this to run the manager?  I guess my impression was that the agent only
collected logs locally, but from what I have read gives me the impression
that the agent can be forwarded logs and forward those logs as well?

Again please excuse my ignorance--if anyone could clarify or could point me
towards some more information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Wes