On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 11:13 PM,  <gregory.gilb...@oneclipboard.com> wrote:
> Hi, all. I'm at my wit's end here, so I'm hoping someone can help.
>

> I've got OSSEC installed in a server/agent configuration. The server itself
> works; I get email notifications from changes on it. The issue is that the
> agents won't connect to the server. Both the agents and the server have the
> same sslmanager cert and key.
>

> From the agents:
>

> root@ip-10-y:/var/ossec# ./bin/agent-auth -m 10.x -p 1514
> 2015/11/23 03:48:43 ossec-authd: INFO: Started (pid: 3050).
> 2015/11/23 03:48:43 ossec-authd: Unable to connect to 10.0.x:1514

agent-auth is supposed to register an agent to a server via
ossec-authd. Is ossec-authd running on th eserver? Is it really
listening on port 1514 (this is normally the port ossec-remoted is
listening on)?

If you're using ossec-authd/agent_auth, the workflow generally goes as follows:
1. Start ossec-authd listening on a port that ossec-remoted is not
listening on (1515 is default I believe)..
2. Run agent-auth on the agent, telling it to connect to the server's
IP on the port ossec-authd is listening on.
3. Restart the OSSEC processes on the server (if this is the first
agent to be added to it).
4. Restart the OSSEC processes on the agent.