On Feb 18, 2016 5:44 PM, "Jane Doe" <hadonad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys!
>
> I'm trying to filter rule 18154 by not sending email alerts for certain
hosts. I've tried several ways to filter this in the local_rules.xml file.

> 1)
>
> <var name="MS_FREQ">6</var>
>
> <group name="windows,">
>   <rule id="18154" level="10" frequency="$MS_FREQ" timeframe="240">
>     <if_matched_sid>18103</if_matched_sid>
>      <match>ip_address</match>    //I've also replaced this with srcip
>      <match>ip_address</match>    //I've also replaced this with srcip
>      <options>no_email_alerts</options>
>     <description>Multiple Windows error events.</description>
>   </rule>
> </group>
>
> 2) I've created my own rule
>
> <var name="MS_FREQ">6</var>
>
> <group name="windows,">
>   <rule id="100000" level="0" frequency="$MS_FREQ" timeframe="240">
>     <if_matched_sid>18103</if_matched_sid>
>      <match>ip_address</match>    //I've also replaced this with srcip
>      <match>ip_address</match>    //I've also replaced this with srcip
>     <description>Multiple Windows error events.</description>
>   </rule>
> </group>
>
> 3)
>
> <group name="windows,">
>   <rule id="100000" level="0">
>     <if_matched_sid>18154</if_matched_sid>
>      <match>ip_address</match>    //I've also replaced this with srcip
>      <match>ip_address</match>    //I've also replaced this with srcip
>     <description>Multiple Windows error events.</description>
>   </rule>
> </group>
>

> Does the group name matter? Do I need to decode srcip? I have the general
idea on how to filter rules in general for all hosts, but I can't seem to
get it to work for specific hosts.

I think multiple matches not separated by a "|" will be ANDed together. Try
it with 1 match option.
Also, providing a log sample helps us test, and makes helping a lot easier.