Hi Francesco,

you can use syscheck to monitor the "hostname files": /etc/hosts,
/etc/hostname, etc.

Also, you can use commands
<http://ossec-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/syntax/head_ossec_config.localfile.html#element-command>to

execute the "hostname" command and compare it with the previous hostname
using the option *check_diff*. Check out the
documentation:
http://ossec-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/syntax/head_ossec_config.localfile.html

Regards.