Hi Jacob.

When does that message appear? I mean, does it happen on OSSEC start, or
after a while?

Can you see a message like the following, when OSSEC starts?

ossec-logcollector(1950): INFO: Analyzing file:
> '/home/mis/admin-tools/logs/ping-domain.log`

ossec-logcollector(1950): ERROR: Could not open file
> '/home/mis/admin-tools/logs/ping-domain.log'

I think the message "File not available, ignoring it" appears when OSSEC
opens successfully the file but fails on reading it, maybe due to a
rotation.

Kind regards.