You are welcome.

Yes, syscheck controls/scans are executed every 22 hours by default,
meaning that syscheck binary will scan each file looking for modifications
(checksum, groups, users, size), it will send back the update files DB and
OSSEC Manager will compare previous version with the new scan (new syscheck
as you name it :D), if there are modifications, in most cases, it will
trigger and alert.

Anyway, syscheck processes are not replacing or rotating alerts.log file,
ossec-monitord daemon is the one on charge of rotating alerts.log daily.

Btw, remember that OSSEC keeps old logs stored at
*/var/ossec/logs/alerts/2016/Sep*

> *root@ubuntu:/var/ossec/logs/alerts/2016/Sep# ls -lahtotal 152Kdrwxr-x---
> 2 ossec ossec 4,0K sep  7 00:29 .drwxr-x--- 4 ossec ossec 4,0K sep  1 11:35
> ..-rw-r----- 1 ossec ossec 2,0K sep  2 02:29
> ossec-alerts-01.json.gz-rw-r----- 1 ossec ossec  338 sep  2 02:29
> ossec-alerts-01.json.sum-rw-r----- 1 ossec ossec 1,9K sep  2 02:29
> ossec-alerts-01.log.gz-rw-r----- 1 ossec ossec  334 sep  2 02:29