Hi,

OSSEC v2.8.3 uses the method SSLv23, that is version-flexible and
negotiates the highest protocol mutually supported by the manager and the
agent, preferably TLS v1.2.

The new OSSEC v2.9 will use the method TLSv12, that forces to establish the
TLS v1.2 protocol and rejects the connection if one of the peers doesn't
support it.

Best regards.
Victor.