I've seen the possibility mentioned in this forum a couple of times
regarding adding the ability to check an MD5sum CDB list with rules. Right
now, I'm in a situation where I could use that ability. However, I can't
see anywhere that describes how to use it. Was that ever implemented?
Frankly, I'm interested enough in this feature that I'd do it myself if I
could, but I don't know C/C++, and only do scripting in Python.

I'm trying to monitor a web folder for changes, but of course I don't want
to be alerted on every file when a releases is done (they can be done at
any time of day too). I can get md5 sums of each of the files prior to the
release to whitelist them for ossec, but I can't seem to figure out how to
tell ossec to use that database. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.