Running the ossec server in a docker container, makes sense, and I run the
Wazuh fork of ossec in their provided container with logstash / kibana4.

Running ossec agent in a container makes no sense to me.

I would suggest instead that you use the docker logging driver to reroute
stdout from your containers to syslog, and run ossec agent on your docker
host, if you want to monitor your containers.

Regardless, running the agent within a container will make it highly
problematic to monitor the underlying host.