Hi Martin,

there are actually some options to deploy agents, you can use Puppet or
Ansible to make a large deployment. A very simple unattended installation
could be installing the agent with preloaded variables. You can find file
etc/preloaded-vars.conf at the source code, fill it (uncomment and set the
options) and launch the install.sh. With a proper filled preloaded-vars.conf,
it will make an unattended installation.

The next step is adding the agent to the manager, you may use the Auth
system (ossec-authd server on manager and agent-auth on agents) to register
automatically agents.

There are some approaches to get a high availability system, the most
important task is to ensure that file /var/ossec/etc/client.keys is always
synchronized between every manager in your system. If you have Rids
counters enabled (OSSEC has them enabled by default) you should make the
same with file /var/ossec/queue/rids/sender_counter, that stores the
message counter (it does this to numerate each message and avoid some
security threats like replay attacks).  There is no an unique way to
achieve high availability, it depends on your system (how many managers you
have, whether they are parallel or there is a main manager and a backup
server, whether you will use shared storage, etc).

Best regards.

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Martin <martin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I know it is possible with "Unattended Source Installation" but i'd still
> have to add manually these agents on the manager or is there another way :)
> ?

Victor M. Fernandez-Castro
IT Security Engineer
Wazuh Inc.