Kewl! Thank you!

> Here is my solution if you are using active response and allow remote commands.

Ah, but reading it, you also answer local installs! Thank you!

So, just deleting files in /var/ossec/queue/diff/local/ won't befuddle ossec?

What are the consequences / impact? Loss of change history, presumably.

er, more precisely, loss of change history between versions at a point in time, I guess.